Monday, March 2, 2009

Media Exposure

OH, one more thing I forgot to mention in my last post.  (Two things, really, but somehow conceptually related in my mind.)

Jule Banville posted an update to her previous article about Lucy.  If you haven't read the original, go here.  And in case you were unaware, the City Paper also published this article in their print edition, last Thursday.  If you're in the DC area, go pick up a copy before they disappear, and before the new issue comes on this Thursday.

For the new article, click here.  This one is also well written and enjoyable.  (And we especially appreciate the mention of our flyering party this past Saturday.)  Jule, if only I sat on the Pulitzer board . . .

Second, I received a call from a Washington Post reporter.  She is doing a story on the Find Toto service.  Three people in her office, including one of the editors, had received Find Toto calls regarding Lucy, so that led her to me.  Even though the article will focus on Find Toto, I'm hoping it will mention Lucy prominently.  She even asked me for a photo of Lucy.  This would, obviously, be great exposure.

And as I've said before, when we eventually find Lucy, it'll be because someone who knows her story calls us, or happens to coax her into their house with a hot dog.  So disseminating the information is really our highest priority here.

3 comments:

  1. That findtoto is great. I saw about it on the news. I told someone in my community about it when she lost her dog and 45 minutes after using it, she got her dog back. Now I make a point of emailing people in the MD/DC area that I see have lost their pets and 3 more found them after using findtoto!
    As for the prank calls, do you have caller ID? Report them, I would think that harrassing calls would not me legal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I have been keeping my fingers crossed that you find Lucy soon. I check this site several times a day from Damascus, Md. I was able to come down once to help hang flyers for a short time. I wish I lived closer so I could be of more help

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prank calls came in as "restricted caller," and our two wireless providers are unable to give the actual calling number. Harassing calls are in fact illegal, and the police are able to find the originating number.

    And thanks for your kind thoughts. The amount of people contacting us to offer support or help has been remarkable.

    ReplyDelete