Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lucy is Home!

Sarah nabbed her this morning around 6:30.

She went to check on a trap we set out last night, and saw Lucy inside the grounds of the embassy next door.  So she laid down near the place in the fence where Lucy could squeeze out, put out some chicken, and waited.

Lucy eventually came over to sniff, and as soon as she realized this body was one of her people, she ignored the chicken and commenced a thorough licking of Sarah's face.

The rest is fairly unimportant.  She's home.  She's incredibly dirty.  My white dog is really a gray dog right now.  But she seems completely unscratched; I haven't found a single wound on her.  She's skinny -- she definitely lost weight, but not nearly as much as I would have thought, for having been lost a month.  (To the day today, it is one month.)  She drank roughly half a gallon of water after getting home.  I'm not exaggerating.  Maybe more than half a gallon.

Now we're waiting to get a vet appointment to get her checked out.  Great day in the morning my Lucy is home.  What a good feeling.

19 comments:

  1. LUCY IS HOME! Those are the 3 best words I have heard in such a very long time. I am so happy for you guys, and of course for lucy. Brown says "rest up Lucy, you have quite a story to tell me next time we get together and play!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I am now calling my mom in Indiana and emailing my friends in New York and Germany, all who have been anxiously awaiting updates in Lucy's story. oh, happy happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We couldn't be happier for you two! This is the kind of news I want to hear at the start of every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news to start the day.

    When you get back from the vet, go buy
    something like this: http://petsafegpslocator.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bored George: Yes, we actually purchased a GPS collar a couple days after Lucy disappeared. We activated it this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Awesome news! So exciting!! :-) Give her a big hug and belly rub from Dave & Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooo happy, this made me cry, I have been thinking of her a lot these past few nights, and I have been visualizing her at home with you for the last month.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news! Happy to hear the family is reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! We're so happy for the three of you!

    -Dan and Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear you guys are finally reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is wonderful news!! hip hip hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Try not to spoil her too badly :) Just kidding, give that dog some big ol' treats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! My colleague and I have been following Lucy's story and the blog for a few weeks. We are SO happy she is home!!! This has made our day. We are telling everyone around the office! I can't write enough exclamation points! So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hurrah! This is the first I've seen of the blog (thanks DCist) but I've been seeing the posters all over town.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is GREAT news, Dan! So happy to hear. And, um, get her microchipped or something now, will ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great news! Congratulations!

    -sprite
    spritewrites.net

    ReplyDelete